The text below applies to the edition of 2019.
The first participants will start at 11.00. The last group will start at latest at 13.56; this depends on the number of subscriptions. Keep in mind that most of the participants will need about 45-90 minutes to complete the 5km-run and about 60-150 minutes for the 8km-run. If you’ve got a preference for a starting time, then please leave a comment with your subscription.
The categories start in the following order: 8km heavy individual – 8km light individual – 8km light group – 5km individual – 5km group. Every 4 minutes, a group of 10 persons starts. The exact starting times will follow later, for now there is an indication:
- 11.00 – 12.00: 8km heavy individual
- 12.04 – 12.08: 8km light individual
- 12.12 – 12.36: 8km light group
- 12.40 – 12.48: 5km individual
- 12.52 – 13.56: 5km group
More information will follow.
Checking in before the run
Make sure you’re present at most half an hour before your starting time to check in and to receive, among others, your shirt and your wristband (put it on immediately, it will only be handed out once!). You’ll also get some instructions about the run. If you have to change before the run, it is advisable to come earlier. It is a short walk to the dressing rooms.
- Our advice is to wear long, tight-fitting pants (a tight) or long old sweatpants. Further, (trail) running shoes are advisable, preferably with a lugged sole. Spikes or dangerous studs are not allowed!
- You receive a polyester sports shirt when checking in. This should be worn as outer layer, because the colour and the number are of importance for the jury and for the time registration. When the temperatures are low, it is wise to wear a thermal shirt under the sports shirt. Your feet will get wet during the run, and possible more than only your feet.
- Bring a plastic bag for your wet stuff after the run.
Start and finish area
The start and the take place at the ‘evenementenveld’, the field on the right of the Drienerlolaan (the central entrance lane of the University of Twente) immediately after the main entrance of the UT. This link provides more info.
7522 NB Enschede
There are parking facilities on the campus of the University of Twente. We advise to use the parking spot at the Spiegel, just opposite the start and finish area, or P0 (to the right after the main entrance).
In sports centre of the University of Twente, there are enough showers that can be used by participants. Please leave the dressing rooms neat and don’t rinse your clothes or shoes under the shower; take your dirty clothes home in a plastic bag.
At the start and finish area, there is a guarded storage space for luggage. At your registration, you receive a label with your start number which you can attach to your bag. After the run, you can pick up your bag with the number on your shirt and/or wristband as proof.
Spectators are welcome to cheer for the participants. The course can be followed on foot and by bike. Pay attention not to hinder participants, spectators should always give way to participants. The biking route is indicated with signs.